Who said Halloween Candy was just for the KIDS?!
Even though “candy” is not exactly synonymous with “diet”…there are still ways to TREAT YOURSELF, while not causing a SCARE when you get on the SCALE.
Just take our advice on the smartest snacking choices + don’t turn the Halloween Candy into a 2 month chocolate celebration!
Here are our TOP 6 PICKS for Trick or Treat TREATS:
- Hershey’s Special Dark: This classic is easy to love thanks to the antioxidant benefits of dark chocolate. Snack on two miniatures for a total of only 88 calories and 5.2 grams of fat.
- Peanut M&Ms: It’s hard to stop at just one handful of this irresistible peanut-chocolate combo, so choose a snack-size bag. Plus, Peanut M&Ms boast protein, fiber, and even some calcium with just 93 calories, 4.7 grams of fat, and 9.1 grams of sugar.
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups Miniatures: Sticking to just a couple classic Reese’s cups can make the perfect sweet snack. This Halloween classic is on the YES list with 2 totaling only 88 calories, 5.2 grams of fat, and 9.2 grams of sugar. Choose dark chocolate for extra antioxidants!
- Payday: Despite what the name may suggest, a fun-size Payday doesn’t take a huge toll on your diet. One bar contains 90 calories, 5 grams of fat, and 8 grams of sugar. Plus, thanks to the peanuts, it also boasts 2 grams of fiber and 7 grams of protein.
- Raisinets: This chocolate and raisin combo has only 67 calories and less than 3 grams of fat per snack-size bag (about 42 pieces). Extra points for choosing the dark chocolate variety!
- Kit Kat: “Gimme a break, gimme a break…” No really, GO AHEAD! Kit Kat bars are relatively low in calories and fat thanks to their light, crunchy wafer center. One two-piece bar has 70 calories, 3.6 grams of fat and 9.2 grams of sugar.