Hummus is an AWESOME quick + healthy snack or hors-d’oeuvre that can help you stay within the limits of your diet goals, while packing a PUNCH both on filling FIBER + TASTE!
Here’s an EASY 10 min recipe for HUMMUS that you can make to impress your friends, office colleagues, or just feel very domestically accomplished yourself! Oh yeah, + since it’s FRESH we think it TASTES even better than the store bought varieties…
Total Time: 10 min
Yield: about 2 3/4 cups
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 cups canned chickpeas, drained, liquid reserved
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/3 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons water or liquid from the chickpeas
- 8 dashes hot sauce
Turn on the food processor fitted with the steel blade and drop the garlic down the feed tube; process until it’s minced. Add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor and process until the hummus is coarsely pureed. Taste, for seasoning, and serve chilled or at room temperature.