Following a healthy diet means sacrificing certain foods, especially those that are HIGH in Calories + LOW in Nutritional value, such as alcohol. However, if you aren’t ready to go cold turkey on your social drinking habits, there are some smart choice you can make to create delicious, low cal concoctions that WON’T sabotage your goals.
KEEP IN MIND – to indulge yourself without feeling guilty, sip in moderation. Watch portion size – a couple of refills or an oversize serving glass + the next thing you know you’ve blow your whole game plan!
Here are 6 tasty fewer-than-200-calorie drink options:
- Mojito: Although a drink made with sugar screams “back away!” for the waistline-conscious, you can request half the simple syrup—or ditch it altogether. Mint, lime, and soda water are all naturally low-cal, a shot of rum is about 100 calories, and 2 tbsp. of sugar (half the normal serving) in the form of syrup is about 40 calories.
- Rum + Diet Coke: A true classic – rum and Coke…well we made it DIET friendly. A white rum mixed with diet cola is a good choice to cut the calories. Or try a spiced rum to give the drink a kick.
- Sea Breeze: If you usually order a vodka-cranberry, try a sea breeze. The 4 oz. of grapefruit juice, 1½ oz. of cranberry juice, and 1 oz. of vodka will set you back about 180 calories.
- Vanilla Vodka + Diet Ginger Ale: For a drink that tastes like a slice of cake, order a diet ginger ale and vanilla vodka. If you use a single shot of liquor, it’s less than 100 calories—and sugar-free.
- Sour-Apple Martini: We bet you thought this list was going to be filled with sippers like white-wine spritzers. Guess again. While we don’t recommend a Carrie Bradshaw-approved cosmo (it has more than 250 calories), that doesn’t mean all martinis are off limits. Try a sour-apple one, made with 2 1/2 oz. sour mix and 3/4 oz. each vodka and sour apple liqueur, for a 160-calorie treat.
- Mudslide: This is the kind of sweet drink that sounds like it’ll set you back more calories than a hot-fudge sundae. In reality, it’ll cost you 184 calories. Not bad at all!