We thought a recap of the all time TOP 15 FOODS used by our Hollywood A Lister clients would be a great way to bring in the new year! As we always say…. “You can do all the crunches in the world, but that finely tuned 6-pack will never see the light of day if you don’t put in the work in the kitchen too”.
Celebrity trainers at Body by Todd always stress this and compiled this list of 15 foods that keep help keep their star-studs muscles fueled, stomachs less bloated and allow them to expose their rockin’ abs on stage or on the silver screen.
The 2017 ROUND UP: A LISTER BEST FOODS List FOR FLAT ABS:
- Fish = packed with protein and healthy fats, but also carb free!
- Eggs (Yolk included!) = keep the yolk as it aids brain development, and pair this satiating item with…
- Oatmeal = steel cut varieties are slow to digest, which prevents blood sugar spikes, sustains your energy for longer workouts and keeps you fuller, longer! Try the amazing new flavors of OATPRO here. [New! Peppermint Crunch, Pumpkin Spice, Peanut Butter Dream + Toffee Crunch]
- Almonds = the perfect go-to snack for healthy fats, protein and some fiber
- Spinach = extremely low in calories but JAM-PACKED with vitamins galore!
- Beans = pick your favorite type! All are slow-digesting carbs, as well as a great source of fiber and protein!
- Dried Edamame = another great on-the-go snack, and one that can satisfy your need for a salty crunchy bite!
- Pumpkin Seeds = Eaten on their own or mixed in some trail mix, these little gems provide a boost of magnesium, zinc and omega-3’s
- Olive oil = this healthy fat keeps your joints moving smoothly and your brain healthy
- Quinoa = a whole grain that also provide some protein, you’ll find a small serving goes a long way
- PROTEIN POWDER = when you can’t get your protein from natural foods, protein powder is the perfect go-to solution to keep your muscles healthy, lean and strong. Check out the limited edition Protein 26 flavors here!
- Avocado = a great addition to tons of recipes, this healthy fat can keep your hair, skin and nails glowing
- Berries = low in carbs, high in fiber and bursting with antioxidants! Mix some in your with your morning smoothie or protein shakes for a nutritious, flavorful, fat-blasting addition
- Black rice = tons more fiber than regular rice
- Sweet potatoes = these delicious spuds provide a huge dose of vitamins and keep your muscles full for those grueling workouts
Add these A Lister approved diet staples to your meal plan and you might just see that six-pack finally come out from hiding.
Back to Home Page