Just because your schedule is packed doesn’t mean you don’t have time for a quick workout! Erin Bulvanoski of Kore New York developed a 15 minute (that’s right, 15 MINUTE) workout to help blast away fat and torch calories. If you’re ready to put in the work and give it your all, get ready for a total-body workout that will get the job done.
How it works: After an active warm-up and quick stretch, you’ll start with core exercises followed by the Kore 4 strength and stability sequence. Next is the fast-paced HIIT section of the workout until you lower your heart rate for a quick cool-down and much-deserved stretch to finish things off.
Total time: 15 minutes
What you’ll need: Kettlebell (or any heavy object you can swing) & positive energy
Warm-Up: Perform each of the following moves for 30 seconds each.
- Jumping jacks
- Inch-worm walk-out + cobra pose. From standing, roll down and walk hands out in front of you to palm plank position; transition into cobra pose.
- Forward lunge with right leg + triangle stretch; switch legs. Perform a forward lunge with right leg then twist torso to the left, bring left hand inside right foot, right hand pointing toward the sky.
- High knees
- Deep squat hip-opener
Core Activation: Perform each of the following moves for 30 seconds each.
- Static forearm plank
- Elevator plank walk-up. From forearm plank, lift up, pressing your right palm into the floor followed by your left to come into a high plank. Reverse the move and repeat. Repeat 30 seconds leading with your left hand.
- Cross-body kick. From high plank, cross right leg under your body out at a diagonal, making sure not to let foot hit the ground. Repeat 30 seconds crossing with your left leg.
- Mountain climbers
- One-sided clam shell: From a supine position, arms overhead, and legs long, bring your right arm up to meet your left leg as you curl up with your core. Repeat 30 seconds bring left arm to right leg.
- Full clam shell: From a supine position, arms overhead, and legs long, bring both arms up and overhead as you curl forward to tap your legs or feet.
Kore 4: 2 minutes per move, broken down into four 30-second progressions.
- 0:00–0:30: Hold static squat.
- 0:30–1:00: Move through full range of motion for the squat, using two counts to come up and two counts to lower back down.
- 1:00–1:30: Move through full range of motion for the squat at single count.
- 1:30–2:00: Perform full squat with a hop at the top.
Side Plank to Triceps Push-Up
- 0:00–0:30: Hold side forearm plank on the right.
- 0:30–1:00: Return to center and perform triceps push-up. Come down to knees if you need to modify..
- 1:00–1:30: Hold side forearm plank on the left.
- 1:30–2:00: Return to center to perform triceps push-up.
- 0:00–0:30: Stand with feet wide to perform a football high-speed run in place.
- 0:30–1:00: In 6-second intervals, drop down to perform a burpee.
- 1:00–1:30: Repeat football run.
- 1:30–2:00: Repeat 6-second run-burpee intervals.
- 0:00–0:30: Alternate right and left jabs to the front.
- 0:30–1:00: Alternate right and left cross-body punches.
- 1:00–1:30: Perform 2 jabs, 2 cross-body punches, followed by 2 jumping jacks.
- 1:30–2:00: Perform 2 jabs, 2 cross-body punches, 2 jumping jacks, followed by 2 squats.
Tabata: Perform 6 rounds of each Tabata for a total of 12 cycles.
- Cycle 1: 20 seconds of burpees followed by 10 seconds of rest
- Cycle 2: 20 seconds of triceps presses followed by 10 seconds of rest
EMOM (Every Minute on the Minute): Perform as many of the following exercises and their associated reps as you can in a minute’s time, aiming to complete all 40 reps within or before the 1-minute mark. Then jump right into the next minute-long round for a total of 4 minutes of work.
- Kettlebell goblet squat x10 reps
- Kettlebell shoulder press x10 reps
- Kettlebell goblet squat into shoulder press x10 reps
- Tuck jump x10 reps
Cool-Down: Perform as many reps of each of the following moves as feels comfortable or hold stretches for 30 seconds each.
- Child’s pose to cobra pose
- Downward-facing dog
- Pigeon pose on right
- Pigeon pose on left
- Right arm shoulder stretch
- Left shoulder stretch
Whew! I wiped out after just READING the workout! But now it’s time to DO IT! Put on you shoes and get ready to kick some butt! It’s only 15 minutes after all!