9 foods to eat / drink to turbocharge your metabolism, giving you MORE ENERGY while helping to shed unwanted pounds and KEEP THEM OFF!
- Greek Yogurt and Lemon: This indulgently flavored dynamic duo will help you start your day with a mega metabolism boost. The vitamin C in the lemon can help your body absorb the metabolism-boosting calcium in the Greek yogurt.
- Sage Leaf Tea: Compounds in sage leaf tea help move sugar out of the blood and into your cells, sending the message that it’s time to start breaking down nutrients to use for the entire day. Having one cup of this tea with breakfast can help keep your metabolism revving all day long.
- Chili Peppers: Chili peppers get their heat from a bioactive compound called capsaicin, which may help curb your appetite by raising your body temperature. Get the fat-fighting benefits by incorporating more red peppers, cayenne, jalapeños, habaneros or Tabasco into your diet.
- Vinegar: Cooking with vinegar can slow the absorption of carbohydrates and help prevent sudden surges in your blood sugar. It may also slow the passage of food through your stomach, keeping you fuller for longer.
- Black Pepper: Black pepper contains the alkaloid piperine, which can help speed up metabolism. Try reaching for the pepper mill when you’d normally use salt; you’ll boost your metabolism and reduce your sodium intake. If you want to multiply black pepper’s metabolism-boosting effect, try adding it to tomato juice. Tomatoes contain lycopene, an antioxidant that helps protect your mitochondria.
- Papaya: Papaya contains an enzyme called papain, which improves protein digestion and absorption, which is key to boosting metabolism and burning fat.
- Cacao Nibs: Cacao nibs are the unsweetened, raw material that chocolate is made from. They’re chock-full of healthy, anti-inflammatory polyphenols to blast belly fat without the unwanted refined sugars in candy bars.
- Spicy Wasabi Peas: If you’re craving a crunchy, savory snack, reach for wasabi peas. The heat from the wasabi stimulates your body’s metabolic engine, while the fiber from the peas helps keep you full.
- Ginger: For a metabolism-boosting meal, slice fresh ginger and stir-fry it with vegetables. Ginger not only aids in digestion but can also increase metabolic rates as much as 20 percent after eating.