The ideal office snacks are “well constructed mini-meals” – that means food combos that contains protein, fat and fiber, while also being low in calories. It’s tough to find all those elements in a single snack, but try these 7 options to satisfy your hunger while at work, while boosting your METABOLISM + ENERGY levels!
- CELERY + HUMMUS: Hummus, made with sesame seeds, contains lots of nutrients and beneficial fibers called lignans that improve blood profiles, normalize blood pressure and enhance vitamin E absorption.
- STRING CHEESE: High in protein, it offers a bit of fat and has only 80 calories.
- HARD BOILED EGGS: One egg has around 70 calories and is packed with five to six grams of protein.
- APPLE WITH PEANUT BUTTER: This snack has the magic combination of fiber, protein and fat.
- ALMONDS: 1 serving has only 184 calories. Almonds contain omega-9 fatty acid, the fat also found in olive oil that’s associated with good heart health.
- 1/2 AN AVOCADO: In addition to having a surprisingly high fiber content, this healthy fat will help keep your hunger at bay and energy levels high!
- TOMATO SLICES WITH LOW FAT CHEESE + OLIVE OIL: This combination contains fat and protein, and tomatoes are packed with antioxidants. In all, it’s a tasty + filling snack that’s also low in calories.